Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just in case you were wondering

This guy was on the wall outside the front door. Moustache Joe would be so jealous. Something about this side of the country- all the bugs are super sized.
This was Deisha on our couch a few weeks ago. She was really little. I thought if I included the whole couch you could better gauge how itty-bitty she was. She's not that little now though. Breast milk is like all-natural miracle grow. I put her in the sling today and my shoulder fell asleep after about fifteen minutes.
And this is what Deisha looks like in that sweet little dress with her itty-bitty booties. I love this dress; Dale bought it and brought it to the hospital while we were still locked up. When I first saw it I thought it'd be months before she could wear it. Little did I know...
She's sliding right into place in our household, but I have to be honest and tell you that the dynamics have changed dramatically. With Leila's fierce determination to maintain control of the throne, I am nervous to take the whole crew anywhere. Whoever said, "After you have three, adding more is no big deal," apparently never had six. I can't imagine adding again now that life with six is in full swing. It can be pretty overwhelming. Thank God for the foresight to give me Kennedy first. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's the equalizer, poor thing. She helps me in ways she will never fully understand, and for that I'm grateful. Which is why I give her money randomly and treat her to Starbucks when all the other kids have gone to bed.
And this is Deisha smiling. I still call her Leila about half the time. I caught myself halfway this time, but she still smiled and that's the point here. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure no baby has ever smiled this much this early. I can be sure, however, that I've never heard a baby scream as much or as brutally as this baby either. She's ear piercing- it's a painful experience for everyone in the room. But we so adore her and when she does this, it's like a magic potion that erases every memory of that scream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just precious. The sight of that bug however....oh my goodness, I would screamed. I HATE BUGS!!!!

Incognito said...

oh, she's precious. You are a blessed family for having each other.