You might be surprised to learn that the sign on the gate said the place was closed when you see these pictures. It looks like a goldmine to me, but for whatever reason the place was run down and the ground keepers house was empty. We managed to find a way to enjoy ourselves regardless of the signs.
Next stop, Haha Tonka State Park, I think. There is a natural spring about half a mild down this path. In 95 degree weather, it seems like a long walk. It was, however, shaded and near the stream which is about 57 degrees, so it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
I guess it wasn't exactly the next stop. It was one of the places we went. Forget what I said about that. I don't even know if that's where I took this picture, but it might have been. I was precariously snapping pictures amidst my heatstroke. Forgive me. I am still suffering the effects of it.
It's so cute to see these two together. She has always adored him. By the way, this wasn't the only picture of Lonnie and a trash can, but in the other one Dale insisted on revealing his stomach knowing full well I wouldn't post it. He has this thing about having his picture taken lately...
I have lots more pictures to share but they will have to wait for the next time. Happy day to you!




No comments:
Post a Comment