Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I know it's obnoxious.

It's just that I heard this song on a movie and I fell in love.  I was fascinated.  Even a little addicted.

This rock star, dancing wildly inside the perimeters of all the other rock stars in the gig, was singing the soundtrack for this stay-at-home-in-sweatpants-mom's life. 

...mmmm ba da DEH...
Sure, I thought it was Ice, Ice Baby at first, but then when I realized that it was a whole new twist on that 90s mantra that we all used to do the running man to, I was hooked.

I immediately downloaded it and put it on my ipod so I could blast it through the house.  I have considered starting every morning with it.  It energizes me.  If I know what I have staring me in the face each day, and I accept it, I can do it. 

Six weeks ago I breathed focused forced air through excruciating contractions and then delivered a baby in a single push. I knew I HAD to do it.  I knew that if I just embraced the reality and handled each moment with concentrated resolve, it would be overwith faster.  And it was. 

The days when I refuse to accept the responsibility of my reality are the days I lie in bed and wish the light would never come.  It's no good.

I'm under pressure.  Pressure to have: a happy baby, educated children, a clean house, a hot meal on the table, clean laundry in the drawers, healthy food for my growing children, a balanced budget, justice between siblings, a thriving relationship with Jesus, a shrinking postpartum body, a gentle answer, and lipstick on when I go out of the house.  Sometimes it seems like too much.

But whenever I hear this song I feel better.  We're under pressure.  Me, you, David Bowie, even the guy from Queen was.  We're all in it together.  Let it ring from the mountain tops.

...pressure...

lvb 

3 comments:

Nana said...

Good insights, daughter! There is no new life without pressure, no growth, no relationship, no muscle-building, no faith-building, no thriving without pressure. So...you have new life, growth, relationships, muscles, faith...you thrive!!!!!
And I love you!

Nana said...

Good insights, daughter! There is no new life without pressure, no growth, no muscle-building, no faith-building, no relationships, no thriving without pressure. You have life, you are growing, developing muscle and developing faith...you thrive...and you are loved!

Nana said...

Yep! You are mine!!! Two comments because I thought that I didn't post a comment...so...I posted another one! That's just the way I "drive around." Don't tell Dale..he will lose all hope for a better tomorrow!